The Quiz Management view is where you create your Quizzes. It is designed like a MacOS finder with the left hand column containing the quizzes, and clicking on the name of a quiz allows you to drill down into it.
Here you can create, edit and delete elements of your Quiz. The furthest right column when a question is selected with show the detail of the question.
The top level of a Quiz is the Quiz definition.
- To create a new quiz click the + button. This will add a new entry to the Browser control. You can give the quiz a name by double clicking it and renaming it.
- To delete a quiz highlight it in the interface, and click the – button. This will delete all the questions and rounds that make up the quiz, as well as the quiz itself. This action can not be undone.
In order to play a quiz it needs to be made active. Click a quiz to highlight it and click the green circle button to toggle the active state.
If you create any Handouts for the quiz they can be all saved from here. Handouts saved from this section will include the answers.
A quiz is a collection of one or more rounds. Using the round menu you can add rounds to your quiz.
- To create a new round click the + button. This will add a new entry to the Browser control. You can give the round a name by double clicking it and renaming it.
- To delete a round highlight it in the interface, and click the – button. This will delete all the questions that make up the round, as well as the round itself. This action can not be undone.
You may want to create a handout round. To create a handout add a number of questions to the round, then mark the round as a handout by clicking the toolbar button. This button act as a toggle setting or unsetting a round as a handout round. Handout rounds can contain either Standard Question (a question and text), or Standard Questions with an image. If you add any other question variant to this round it will be ignored when creating the PDF.
To save your handout rounds select it in the interface then click the export handout button. Saving the handout PDF from this section does not include the answers ideal for handing out to players. If you need the handouts with the answers for your own reference you can save them from the Quiz toolbar section.
You can reorder rounds by dragging and dropping them.
A question is the element that contains a question and an answer. You can have as many questions in a round as you need. You can mix the different questions styles within a round.
All questions are managed in the same manner.
- To create a question click the + button and select a style of question from the list. Fill in the information and click create.
- To delete a question click it to highlight, and then click the – button. This action can not be undone.
- To edit a question double click it.
You can rearrange the order of the questions by dragging and dropping them.
The standard question style is the most basic. It presents a simple Question and Answer format. All you need to provide with this style of question is the question, an answer, and if required a media file.
Multiple Choice Question
The Multiple Choice style presents a question that has three possible answers. Only one of which can be correct.
With a multi-choice question you need to provide the question, three answers and if required a media file. You then need to select which answer is correct by clicking on the appropriate tick button.
The Trap! style presents a question with three possible answers similar to Multi Choice. The difference with this style is that one of the answers is Trap!.
With a Trap! question you need to provide the question, three answers and if required a media file. You then need to select which answer is the correct by clicking on the appropriate ticket button. Then need to select which answer is the Trap! answer by clicking on the appropriate warning button.
How you use this style of question is up to you, maybe you penalise the players by deducting a point from their score for every Trap! answer they pick?