To play Hangman first of you need a word. This can be either entered manually, or you can select from one of the provided words.
Once the game is in motion you will be presented with a keyboard on the admin window. When they player guesses a letter click the appropriate key on the keyboard. It goes red if the guess is wrong, and green if correct. They player will see the same on their screen.
There are two ways to reveal the word. The first is obviously when the player guess the word correctly. The second is to use the button to the right of the text field.
You have two options when it comes to setting the word to be guessed. You can either manually type a word into the text field, or you can have the game randomly pick a word.
Manually setting the word is useful if you want to have a word that fits into your club/sport/organisation/branding.
To have the game select a word for you, select the length of the word from the drop down. Every time the drop down updates a new is selected. You can also use the reset button to pick another word of the length indicated by the length dropdown.
There are two ways off drawing the balls. These are manually, and automatically.
When drawing the balls manually, you start the spinning of the cage, and drawing the ball. Then repeat until the game is over.
You can also set the game to draw the balls automatically. When you choose to allow the game to draw the balls, it will start and stop the cage, and draw the balls. You can choose from 3,5,7, and 10 second intervals
Popular in the United Kingdom, Bingo calls add a little extra fun to the game. Games Night provides two sets of calls; the traditional calls, and calls more suited for the modern society. Not a fan of the calls? Not a problem, there is an option to just show the number.
Games Night allows you to play multiple variations of Bingo. These are:
- 27 Ball
- 30 Ball
- 75 Ball
- 80 Ball
- 90 Ball
The Horse Race game comes with the all the horses named. If you want you can change the name of any (or all) of the running horses to personalise the race.
- To change the name of the horse(s) first choose the number of horses that you want to run in the race.
- Clicking the name of the horse below the icon will put it into edit mode
- Type in the name that you want to call the horse, and then press enter/return.
That’s all there is to it.
You can provide you own card backs to customise the Higher or Lower game for your pub, club or school.
Select the Games Night menu at the top of the screen and click Preferences. In the opened window click the Card Backs tab. Drag and Drop and image onto the area on the right of the dialogue.
When you add images they will be displayed in the table on the left of the dialogue. You can remove an image by selecting it and clicking the ‘-‘ button.
Using the custom card backs
Once you’ve added your custom card back they will be available to use by clicking the Card Back popup within the Higher or Lower game.
To make playing Higher or Lower more fun it is possible to provide your own card backs that relate to your club, pub or school. To make this process easier two Photoshop are available, they can be downloaded using the following links:
To create your own card backs follow the below instructions.
- Download both files.
- Open the file named CardBack-EditThis in Photoshop and make your changes. You don’t have to use the example layers, feel free to go your own way just don’t resize the image otherwise it ain’t going to work. When you are happy save the file, and close Photoshop.
- Next open the file named CardTemplateDesign-Back. If this is the first time you are doing this you may need to do the following.
- Right click of the Layer CardBack-EditThis
- Select ‘Relink to file …‘ and select the CardBack-EditThis.psd file
- If your card back looks good then save this file. (this saves the link between the files so you shouldn’t have to do the above two steps again.
- Now you need to export it as a PNG to import into Games Night.
- Goto the File menu -> Export -> Quick Export as png and save the file.
Hopefully if you have followed the above instructions you should now have a custom card back that is the right size to be imported in to Games Night.
If you don’t have photoshop then don’t panic. The above steps were only needed to make the card backs a similar design to what is provided, you can still create custom card backs. All you need to do is create a PNG file that is 562 pixels high, by 404 pixels wide. Add a transparent border around your design of 15 pixels so it looks good within the game.
To make things easier you can download a template file CardBackTemplate.png.
When Games Night first starts up, or you click the home button within the admin user interface the players are presented with a Games Night splash screen. If you want you are able to provide another image here that better reflects your pub, club or school.
To do this select the Games Night menu at the top of the screen and click preferences. On the General tab (which should already be selected) you can drag and drop an image onto the default image.
If you ever want to revert back to the standard image there is a button here to do that.