Seems I’ve been a bit slack lately with keeping the website up to date with the latest code changes. The main victim of this has been the Horse Race game. Horse Race has undergone some big changes this year to try and focus it away from being a bit of fun, too something that can be used for effectively for hosting a Race Night. I’ve swapped out the videos to better reflect the current state of the game, and updated the blurb as well.
To play Hangman first of you need a word. This can be either entered manually, or you can select from one of the provided words.
Once the game is in motion you will be presented with a keyboard on the admin window. When they player guesses a letter click the appropriate key on the keyboard. It goes red if the guess is wrong, and green if correct. They player will see the same on their screen.
There are two ways to reveal the word. The first is obviously when the player guess the word correctly. The second is to use the button to the right of the text field.
You have two options when it comes to setting the word to be guessed. You can either manually type a word into the text field, or you can have the game randomly pick a word.
Manually setting the word is useful if you want to have a word that fits into your club/sport/organisation/branding.
To have the game select a word for you, select the length of the word from the drop down. Every time the drop down updates a new is selected. You can also use the reset button to pick another word of the length indicated by the length dropdown.
There are two ways off drawing the balls. These are manually, and automatically.
When drawing the balls manually, you start the spinning of the cage, and drawing the ball. Then repeat until the game is over.
You can also set the game to draw the balls automatically. When you choose to allow the game to draw the balls, it will start and stop the cage, and draw the balls. You can choose from 3,5,7, and 10 second intervals
Popular in the United Kingdom, Bingo calls add a little extra fun to the game. Games Night provides two sets of calls; the traditional calls, and calls more suited for the modern society. Not a fan of the calls? Not a problem, there is an option to just show the number.
Games Night allows you to play multiple variations of Bingo. These are:
- 27 Ball
- 30 Ball
- 75 Ball
- 80 Ball
- 90 Ball
Well it looks like Apple has caught me out with this release. There is a freeze for new submissions to the app store between the 23 and the 27. So when I submitted v1.3.5 for review I expected it to join a long queue and not be available until next week, or even after the Xmas period. Turns out I was wrong.
So what’s in v1.3.5?
- Redesigned admin interfaces
- The buttons that controlled the game are now in a toolbar
- Any game configuration options are now in a titlebar below the toolbar
- Some of the game admin screen has been redesigned to use the extra space.
- There is now a Game menu if you prefer to control the games using a menu
- The Game menus have keyboard shortcuts to allow you to use the keyboard to control the games
- If you have a MacBook with a touchbar you can now use this to control some aspects of the games
- There is a new icon that better conforms to Big Sure
- You can hide/show the players screen using an option on the Window menu
- Other tweaks and improvements.
Yesterday v1.2.0 was release. It includes the following:
- The ability to import and export quizzes
- More Lottery variants from around the world
- the ability to save preset for Horse Racing and Wheel of Chance
- General tweaks and improvements
Version 1.2.0 is currently under development that brings the following new functionality:
- Ability to Import and Export Quizzes.
- More popular Lottery variants.
- Create a preset in Horse Race with race length, number of horses, and the names of the horses for regular configurations
To see what else is upcoming visit the Issues board.
If you have any ideas that you would like to see included in Games Night put them forward using one of the means on the Contact page.