To make playing Higher or Lower more fun it is possible to provide your own card backs that relate to your club, pub or school. To make this process easier two Photoshop are available, they can be downloaded using the following links:
To create your own card backs follow the below instructions.
- Download both files.
- Open the file named CardBack-EditThis in Photoshop and make your changes. You don’t have to use the example layers, feel free to go your own way just don’t resize the image otherwise it ain’t going to work. When you are happy save the file, and close Photoshop.
- Next open the file named CardTemplateDesign-Back. If this is the first time you are doing this you may need to do the following.
- Right click of the Layer CardBack-EditThis
- Select ‘Relink to file …‘ and select the CardBack-EditThis.psd file
- If your card back looks good then save this file. (this saves the link between the files so you shouldn’t have to do the above two steps again.
- Now you need to export it as a PNG to import into Games Night.
- Goto the File menu -> Export -> Quick Export as png and save the file.
Hopefully if you have followed the above instructions you should now have a custom card back that is the right size to be imported in to Games Night.
If you don’t have photoshop then don’t panic. The above steps were only needed to make the card backs a similar design to what is provided, you can still create custom card backs. All you need to do is create a PNG file that is 562 pixels high, by 404 pixels wide. Add a transparent border around your design of 15 pixels so it looks good within the game.
To make things easier you can download a template file CardBackTemplate.png.